Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (V, GF): chewy on the inside, crispy on the edges, and packed with rich chocolate. My favorite chocolate chip cookies! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 1/3 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil*
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/3 modified flax egg (4 teaspoons ground flax + 4 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Add solid coconut oil* and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the sugar into the solid oil—this will take a few minutes. Cut until only small coconut oil clumps remain and the texture resembles clumpy wet sand.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients: modified flax egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until incorporated. The mixture will be wet and chunky.
- Using a hand mixer, gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl. Mix until well-incorporated and a cohesive dough forms. Don’t worry about the small clumps of solid coconut oil—this is expected. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Optionally, press chocolate chips onto the top of cookies. Bake 8-12 minutes. Mine took 10 minutes. After removing from the oven, give the baking sheet a few light taps to flatten the cookies to perfection.
- Transfer baking sheet to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Afterward, use a heatproof spatula to transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack for to finish cooling. Enjoy!
– Adapted from my Healthier Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
– *Helpful hints with coconut oil: If your coconut oil is liquidy, do the following: line a small bowl with plastic wrap. Pour measured amount of coconut oil into bowl, directly over the plastic wrap—this will help you easily remove it later. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. Keep a close eye on the coconut oil—you want it to be solid, but just slightly soft enough for cutting. Once it’s solid, lift the plastic wrap out of the bowl and dump the coconut oil into your mixing bowl.
– More Gluten Free Vegan Cookie recipes: Easy Peanut Butter Cookies, 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free