One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread (V, GF, DF): an easy, one bowl recipe for perfectly moist pumpkin bread bursting with chocolate chips. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 10 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves*
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Optional for topping: 1 ½ tablespoons assorted vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and spread into an even layer. Using a butter knife, cut a slit down the top of the loaf, making it slightly off center. This will create a beautiful split on top of the loaf. Optionally, sprinkle and lightly press 1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate chips into the loaf.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes. Mine took 50 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean when the loaf is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 2-3 hours, or until completely cool. Lift out, slice and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– *You can substitute these three spices with 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
– Adapted from my One Bowl Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free).
– Storage notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature.
– This loaf freezes well. Wrap in parchment paper and store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 20 second increments until warm.
– More pumpkin recipes (all v, gf, df): pumpkin pie smoothie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
– More quick breads/muffins (all v, gf, df): chocolate banana nut bread, banana oat muffins, double chocolate banana muffins.
- Category: Quick Bread, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free