Oil-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (V, GF): chewy ‘n healthy breakfast cookies bursting with peanut butter and packed with nutritious ingredients! Oil-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar Free.
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, stir together all of the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using the spatula, fold and stir until very well mixed.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spread evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness—cookies will spread just a bit. Cookie dough will be sticky.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Transfer cookies directly to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Delicious Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Recipes
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, is estimated based on 16 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Breakfast, Cookies, Healthy Snacks, Oil-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 3g