Easy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for moist ‘n fluffy pumpkin muffins bursting with your favorite fall spices. Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12 muffin pan. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. The batter will be thick. If needed, use a rubber spatula to fold in the last bit of flour.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into the muffin pan. I use this ice cream scoop to create beautiful domed tops. If not using a scoop, use a rubber spatula to smooth batter into an even layer with a domed top. To make large, domed tops, spread batter between 8-9 muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes (on the longer spectrum for larger, fewer muffins). Mine took 22 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in muffin pan on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my One Bowl Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread.
Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy, overly moist muffins without domed tops.
- **Instead of these three spices, you may use: 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
- The Key to Perfect Domed Muffin Tops: Ice Cream Scoop – Yep, I said it: an ice cream scoop! This ice cream scoop is the best way to scoop your pumpkin muffin batter & drop it into your muffin cups… to achieve a perfectly round, beautifully domed muffin top. This batter bakes up almost exactly as it looks when raw–so it’s super important to give it that round top before baking. This scoop does the trick.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Ground Flaxseed | Gluten Free Oat Flour | Almond Meal | Coconut Oil | Coconut Sugar | Pure Maple Syrup
- Storing Notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Freezing Notes: These muffins freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
- Recommended Tools: Ice Cream Scoop | Muffin Pan | 4oz Prep Bowls | Cupcake Muffin Holder | 4 Event Timer | Glass Mixing Bowls
- Category: Healthy Dessert, Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American