Easy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for moist ‘n fluffy pumpkin muffins bursting with your favorite fall spices. Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade, make sure it’s finely ground, not coarse
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves*
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12 muffin pan. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. The batter will be thick. If needed, use a rubber spatula to fold in the last bit of flour.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into the muffin pan. I use this ice cream scoop to create beautiful domed tops. If not using a scoop, use a rubber spatula to smooth batter into an even layer with a domed top. To make large, domed tops, spread batter between 8-9 muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes (on the longer spectrum for larger, fewer muffins). Mine took 22 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in muffin pan on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my One Bowl Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread.
– *Instead of these three spices, you may use: 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
– Storage notes: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
– These muffins freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
- Category: Muffins, Autumn, Healthy, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free