Healthy Moist Blueberry Muffins Recipe (V, GF): this gluten free vegan blueberry muffins recipe is quick ‘n healthy! It’s the best healthy moist blueberry muffins recipe from scratch! Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with the milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: milk, lemon juice, oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup all the way to the top for a smaller quantity of big, round-topped muffins, and ¾ of the way for a larger quantity of smaller muffins. Optionally, press blueberries into the muffin tops. Bake for 22-30 minutes. Mine took 26 minutes for big, high-top muffins. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness—once it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 20 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 1-2 hours. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Gluten Free Vegan Muffin Recipes:
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy, overly moist muffins without domed tops.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Coconut Oil | Coconut Sugar | Pure Maple Syrup
- Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator, or in a cool, dark environment.
- To Freeze: store in an airtight container or bag, in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until just warm.
- Recommended Tools: Cupcake Muffin Holder | Citrus Squeezer | Muffin Pans (2pk) | Cooling Rack | Flour Sifter | Mixing Bowls | 4 Event Timer | for perfect domed tops: Trigger Ice Cream Scoop – For Muffins
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 12 servings per recipe, made without optional topping.
- Category: Healthy Breakfast, Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 63mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg