Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies (V, GF): an easy recipe for comforting peanut butter cookies that are lightly crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, made with healthy, whole ingredients! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, let set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: peanut butter, oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Whisk thoroughly, as long as you can, until thickened and cohesive. Using a rubber spatula, fold until no flour patches remain.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Cookie dough will be very soft and a bit sticky. Space cookies evenly apart, with enough space to spread considerably during baking. Using a fork, press down slightly to flatten cookies. Turn the fork in the opposite direction and press down on the cookie to create a crisscross pattern on top.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Transfer cookie sheet to cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes. If desired, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Adapted from my Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies and my Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies.
– Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Cookies become super soft and fragile on Day Two. If making for a party, make and serve day of.
– If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 mins before enjoying.
– More Cookies: double chocolate oatmeal cookies, brownie cookies, pumpkin breakfast cookies.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free