Gluten Free Peppermint Brownie Cookies Recipe (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for soft, decadent and fudgy brownie cookies (aka brookies) bursting with cool peppermint flavor and melted chocolate chips. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
What are your favorite things to do during the holidays? At home with Erik, we love to bake all the cookies, start up our annual candy workshop, and watch our favorite Christmas movies.
There just something about that line in Christmas Vacation when Chevy Chase mentions the jolliest bunch of… that always cracks us up like no other.
I mean, who cannot relate to trying to make the best Christmas ever for your family and then, end up failing miserably? It’s so #truestory when Chevy Chase’s character spends like 500 hours climbing all over that dangerously slippery rooftop and hanging like 5 million Christmas lights… only to find that they won’t light up.
Like, oh, COME ON!!
Every year, Erik and I have THE longest list of holiday treats to make, and it’s like the most insane Ford assembly line of whisking, dipping, drizzling and cooling that you’ve ever seen. Every single surface of the kitchen, the bed, the sofa, the TV stand, the coat rack and let’s face it, the floor covered festively (!) in giftwrap as a makeshift drop cloth are covered in cookies, chocolate and quick breads.
One year, I may or may not have slipped on an unseen, minuscule-ish pile of melted chocolate on the floor, slid right onto that giftwrap drop cloth, nearly dropped the four, yes four, plates of cookies in my hands.
But saving those cookies came at a sacrifice. Meaning, I had to do some mid-air acrobatics to balance those piled-up high cookie plates, maneuver my left foot like so, and ended up landing.
Right on top of two cookie sheets, covered in 6 batches of homemade candy.
Let’s just say I may have some artful language not dissimilar to Chevy Chase’s in Christmas Vacation.
And let’s just say that I went ahead and double-crossed out any future ideas for a makeshift drop cloth candy cooling station for the holidays.
Ah… the pressure and the hilarity of the holidays!
This year, we’re going to try and limit the amount of treats we make. We’re thinking about doing 2-4 candy recipes and 2-5 baked goods. Yeeeeees, I have to admit, it was really hard not writing 6-8 candy recipes. I’m just too much. Even I can admit it!
Here’s the list of homemade treats we’ve narrowed it down to (we sooo need to eliminate some of these! Help!!):
- Moist & Fudgy Ganache Peppermint Brownies
- Or Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies
- Super Fudgy Maple Pecan Paleo Brownies
Candy + Bars
- Paleo Almond Joy
- OR Coconut Chocolate Bars
- OR Almond Joy Truffles (or maybe two batches of these, since my mom LOVES chocolate, coconut and almonds)
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars or Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
- Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Quick Breads/Baked Treats
- Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Vegan Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes (which Erik already requested, mostly because he really wants to be the one to frost this time… we’ll see.) 😉
- Or Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins
- Or Chocolate Pumpkin Bread (Jenny’s fave, so I’m leaning towards this one)
- Or Paleo Apple Pecan Coconut Crisp (Jenny ate half of one batch in like 10 minutes… so this is a high contender)
And then, the little treats we make for ourselves for Holiday Bakeathon Fuel:
- Skillet-Roasted Maple Cinnamon Pecans
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies or Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars or homemade KIND Bars
- Chocolate Pecan Fudge
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies or the version with coconut (no bake peanut butter coconut oatmeal cookies)
So what do you think I should cut?? I’m still not sure and the days are ticking off! I might just send this list to my fam and see what their votes are for. (But honestly, they might read this post and text me about it without needing any kind of notice haha).
While I wait for your advice, let me tell you all about these Gluten Free Peppermint Brownie Cookies! They’re:
- Soft, moist and delicious
- fudgy and chewy, just like a brownie
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- bursting with indulgent chocolate flavor
- delightfully refined sugar-free
- packed with cool peppermint flavor
- the most fun way to learn how to make brookies!
- just the tasty somewhat-healthy holiday dessert to complete your vegan dessert platter!
- made with the simple, whole, healthy ingredients you love
- deliciously allergy-friendly
- your family’s new favorite gluten-free cookie recipe!
So whaddya say? Are you ready to get your holiday bake on? I’ll grab the peppermint, you grab the chocolate! Let’s do this! It’s so wonderful sharing in the experience of baking all these homemade treats with you. I simply cannot wait to hear what you and your family think of this recipe. In the meantime, tell me:
What are your favorite holiday traditions?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
If you enjoyed these Gluten Free Peppermint Brownie Cookies, then you’ll just love these gluten free vegan holiday dessert recipes:
☀︎ More Healthy Holiday Dessert Recipes ☀︎
- 5 Minute Easy Peppermint Fudge
- Best Vegan Brownies
- No Bake Paleo Chocolate Pecan Bars
- Paleo Candied Pecans
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.