Gluten Free Peppermint Brownie Cookies Recipe (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for soft, decadent and fudgy brownie cookies (aka brookies) bursting with cool peppermint flavor and melted chocolate chips. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, peppermint and salt. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add flax eggs, whisking until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well incorporated and no flour patches remain. Dough will be sticky. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, spaced evenly apart. Dough will be sticky and soft. Using your fingers, shape cookies into round discs. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie. Cookies will spread. If thinner cookies are desired, tap the pan a few times to lightly flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 mins. Mine took 10 minutes. Place the baking sheet of cookies on a cooling rack; allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, lift cookies onto the cooling rack to completely cool. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Vegan Chocolate Brownie Cookies and Gluten Free Vegan Brownies.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
– Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Heat in 15-second increments in the microwave until just warm. Or, allow to thaw for 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying.
– More Gluten Free Vegan Brownie Recipes: peanut butter cup brownies, chocolate pecan brownies, no bake dark chocolate paleo brownies.
- Category: Cookies, Brownies, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free